Reset Survival based servers (skyblock, grid, survival)

Discussion in 'Server-Wide' started by PhanaticD, Dec 13, 2017.

?

thoughts on reset?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2017.
  1. yes do it now

58.2%
  2. yes but at least wait till next year in May again

8.9%
  3. dont do a reset at all and never make these changes

32.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

I want to reset the survival based servers.. ASAP purely for economy fixes. at least before everyone gets off for holiday break. please vote on the poll for this thread

Been watching the servers since the last reset in May, and been noticing what should be changed to make the server better overall

here are the changes I want to do:
    1. remove extra mob spawners (villagers, horses, things like that). make iron golems drop stone again (and lower the spawner price for golems as a result)
    2. remove ALL buying from admin shop (except special items that wouldnt be possible to get). the purpose of this is to majorly boost player shop activity, and increase overall difficulty of the server and inter-player trading. If you want something you cant just type a command and grab it, you need to find someone selling it, or create farms, mob grinders, etc yourself
    3. adjust sell-to-admin-shop prices, so that when you sell manually harvested items you get much more than afk items. for example selling logs or wheat to the admin shop will give you a lot more money than mob drops. Selling to the admin shop is how players will make money in general, but i want activity on the server to be much more rewarding, but still make sitting at a spawner overnight or while busy still plenty viable
    4. remove the spawner mob drop nerf, originally announced here since the pricing will have been adjusted due to my previous point #3 I had hoped this would be enough to discourage everyone doing nothing at all on the server but getting money, but I feel it barely made any difference
    5. cap balances at 1 billion. People may not like this, but a hard limit really helps with inflation, because in minecraft its just so rapid and inevitable.

These changes should also majorly slow down the time between resets for these servers, as I dont like doing them unless I feel they are needed. Making these changes without doing a full reset would be completely unfair to new players, and make current players incredibly richer than they already are. I hope yall can understand that.

Please let me know any further questions or concerns you have about a reset I will answer them here

• will I keep builders wands? yes, not the item but I will be changing them to a kit permission
    • will i keep skyblock additional island space? yes I will be giving back additional space after you make a new island
    • will i keep skyblock island moves? yes BUT only if you request it before making a new island, I can reserve a spot for you
    • what about skygrid grid clears that I paid for? since it has been so short (relatively) between resets I will do those again for you
    • what about prison and bending you said they would reset soon? I want to make a lot more changes that require a lot more work for those servers, this reset for these three servers will pretty much just be economy fix changes
    • are you going to change other stuff too? idk maybe, make a suggestion with a poll

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Active Member

Quick question would kit spawner be rebuffed?

3. beko3000

beko3000 Member

So progress and bases would completely become wiped?

4. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

yep reset is a reset, starting over

yep good point, i intended to do that anyway, I will get it done before a re-open

5. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Active Member

If it’s a full reset like I believe it is, then yes it would

6. JabberWolky

JabberWolky New Member

so does this mean u will wip out everones bal? and would be be able to keep everthing in our inventory like prot blocks and such..

7. Veroniica

Veroniica Active Member

yes everything

8. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Active Member

Ight cool resets needed then, but how about having some sort of trading system like villager trading at spawn that was in the old skyblock and sky grid for basic resources and harder to get items so that’s it’s not full economy based either

9. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Active Member

No it’s a full reset, everything including inventory’s is reset

10. Whiist

Whiist ✨Administrator✨ Staff Member

Can we do that suggestion I made ages ago for kit spawner? So lower tier spawners have a shorter cool down than ones that make more money

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Active Member

Oh yes that never got added in and it was a great suggestion

12. Slayer1977

Slayer1977 Member

What about keys in our getkey stash, will that stay?

13. InfinityMage

InfinityMage Member

I think it is time for a change, but I will miss my stuff on survival

14. JabberWolky

JabberWolky New Member

that kinda would make me want to stop playin on this server ,, the setup that u have in play now is the whole reason i play on this server its not like other servers .. i love it the way it is

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Active Member

If it’s in /getkeys they will most likely stay

16. InfinityMage

InfinityMage Member

If you mean /getkeys then yes because that is server wide

17. Slayer1977

Slayer1977 Member

Awesome

18. Veroniica

Veroniica Active Member

I’m glad a change is being made to the economy. Prices kept increasing from items and people just get richer and richer as there wasn't a balcap. On the positive side, at least prices won’t keep inflating the whole time, and new players who join the server will be able to keep up with prices.

I’m sad a full reset has to happen so fast as a lot of people have put so much time and effort in their builds and now it will all go poof! but it’s for a good reason so i hope the reset will just happen now instead of a later time which might discourage players to actually play now as they know a reset will happen so they don’t feel like doing much.

Better reset now than later so those who do have xmas break soon will be able to start their new builds

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. InfinityMage

InfinityMage Member

Rip my bal, but I do agree. After the reset I am going to put a lot more effort into builds and the community rather than building ig farms and afking 24/7, which will be much better.

20. _Kazuto_Uchiha_

_Kazuto_Uchiha_ Member

Probably a dumb question but will it still be possible to get stuff like saplings or dirt/grass seeing as shop will be removed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.