SkyGrid Resetting Skygrid

Discussion in 'News' started by PhanaticD, May 18, 2013.

?

Should I reset skygrid

Poll closed May 25, 2013.
  1. yes, but keep inventories

58.2%
  2. no, but nether will be reset and new players will get benefit of new chunk generation

30.3%
  3. 100% reset keep nothing

10.7%
  4. i want my base worleditted over!! (if choosing option 1 and you are a donator)

15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

Skygrid has been Reset!

Things you should know:
    - world height is now 128 (this is good as it reduces a lot of lag, and the extra height wasnt particularly needed, and who likes people building above or below you as well..)
    - the nether has quartz and is completely lag free compared to the previous plugin
    - "the end" is a world now in skygrid, and will be adding a way to get there soon
    - chests generate items in the nether which was a bug in the last plugin
    - everything seems to be a lot more fairly distributed even with the ton of new blocks
    - speaking of new blocks, there are way more blocks in the grid, even rare diamond blocks

if you are a donator on skygrid I will begin to copy requested bases sunday as I need sleep and saturday I will be with saronnia :P

• Like Like x 3
  2. N0bodyEpic

N0bodyEpic Active Member

Damn...took me a long time to get where I am now. But I agree with this because it is a new chance to be the best person on skygrid >:D. Also, will I be able to keep the only pair of christmas armor on skygrid? If you want proof the coords of it is at -8 130 -157.

3. BEASTtothemax

BEASTtothemax Member

The end dimension would be nice... there's not that many new blocks, can you not just add the end dimension? I don't think it's worth resetting though. Maybe add any new items/blocks to the adminshop at spawn?

4. BEASTtothemax

BEASTtothemax Member

Actually yeah it would be great if the end dimension was added and the nether reset and the overworld kept the same?...

5. Balohan

Balohan Guest

Can't you do a half reset, where things inside the sponge wont be reset?

EDIT: If you're gonna keep inventories, can you allow us to keep items in the End chest too? (To allow us to store more items.)

EDIT2:

• Like Like x 4
  6. BEASTtothemax

BEASTtothemax Member

or another alternative could be to have the new world and the old world for a week to allow us to migrate all our stuff to the new world before it gets deleted?:)

7. Mack_Brown

Mack_Brown Guest

Well my thing is...is everthing we have going to go so like everthing if then its that please answer i willl not vote intill lthen i dont want to lose skygrid i have 3 big islands no.

8. Timegnome

Timegnome Guest

Well i just don't know what to do. I don't want to reset it but its nice to start fresh. However donator's will have a huge advantage more than before, due to the upgrades given previous patch.

9. BEASTtothemax

BEASTtothemax Member

If it did reset could we atleast keep our inventories?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I really do not want to reset the skygrid. i agree with beasttothemax when he said to make the other world then let us migrate our stuff, then delete the old one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kylebarton1

kylebarton1 Guest

I would rather not have the server reset because I probably have one of the largest islands on the skygrid server because I live with 3 friends and my brother and also I don't really think there is a need for the other blocks to be added and the end to be added because we already have 2 out of the 3 worlds already on it and people are all complaining about losing their islands and I don't want to lose my stuff because I have almost 20 chests in a big vault full of items such as a lot of armor(diamond) and also a lot of diamond tools and a couple stacks of diamonds so phanaic if you read thos plz plz plz plz don't reset the skygrid thankyou for your time phanatic!!!!!

12. Onegreat

Onegreat Guest

I really do and don't I do because stuff and I don't because ill lose my awesome home with my bud TrunksDaSahon and if it does get reset I want to have a skyblock and let my friend be connected to it because we met on minecraft and have known each other for about Two or Three Years and yeah he is my best friend in minecraft :)

13. theloonylion

theloonylion Active Member

Hmm sounds good considering my 2 blocks (fail) I would actually love this because as NobodyEpic said, it could give us a chance to be one of the top islands. Though I usually don't play sky grid I probably would more.

14. leave505

leave505 Guest

i agree whit Balohan, why not reset evrything outside the sponges? than evry1 can keeps his house and stuff...

• Like Like x 1
  15. BEASTtothemax

BEASTtothemax Member

Balohan's idea would be the best but its probably not possible :(

16. Lucari0qt

Lucari0qt New Member

I'm very indecisive, but leaning towards "no, because I don't have the patience to start over."
    I'd probably just find a new server <_>
    Maybe something that isn't Skygrid

• Like Like x 3
  17. Red

Red Active Member

I like the idea to just reset everything OUTSIDE the sponges. But I don't know if Phanatic has the programming to maybe do this. But I really can't decide at the moment >_>

• Like Like x 2
  18. varg43

varg43 Guest

If ther is a reset, tou kep the inventory/ making very visebel signs at spawn hwen/ and dont drag it out in time.
    No use tou play or gathering stuff hwail wating.
    I know my writing is bad ( dyslectik )

19. BEASTtothemax

BEASTtothemax Member

I'd be in favour of restarting as long as we keep our inventories and enderchest inventories.

• Like Like x 3
  20. DerpCake

DerpCake Guest

I think there should be a way so that the new blocks can be generated in the nether, so there is a reason to go there. No one goes there because it is too hard. If you add the new blocks there...

Also, just reset the nether.. I havent seen 1 base there.

Add the end by its own world
    Just some ideas. I am a huge trader. I dont want to have to regather EVERYTHING I have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.