kitpvp Ruins Map Revisted

Discussion in 'Builds' started by SKYMURFYXDXD, Sep 8, 2019.

1. SKYMURFYXDXD

SKYMURFYXDXD Member

Seems to be a theme with revisited maps lately (@Darkishh's meltdown map), and a wild west map thats in progress, so we kept with the theme and revisited ruins. I personally think its much cleaner and pays more attention to pvp quality than anything.
    The warp is /warp ruinsv2

9/14/19:
    We edited a shit ton of things, including the ground, border, trees, ruins, etc. Ill update the screenshots, and video soon with all the changes.

Helpers:
    @naypin
    @TurtlesAreHot
    @Servision
    @Unova
    @Panduuuu (Literally fucking helped with so much even though i was a dick to him LOL)

Showcase:

https://imgur.com/a/2Fy3pUP

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. saintjayman

saintjayman :)

ehhh looks like a straight copy of the old ruins map made my smoothshoes, which is now being used in the infection game. Like it looks good, But that is also because the first map look good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. vitskalle

vitskalle Active Member

i'd smash

• Like Like x 1
  4. SKYMURFYXDXD

SKYMURFYXDXD Member

go visit it lol the shape is literally the only thing that looks similar to me. Even then it looks different.

The only thing i directly copied, was the building with the red carpet on the edge of the map. Otherwise, the entire thing was custom. Just based off the other one lol

5. Juju

Juju New Member

i'll love you forever

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. saintjayman

saintjayman :)

So now I have gone in person and I can say its much worst then the original, First off the block pattern on the ground looks way to busy and scattered. The trees are just bonemealed up bleh and then you left the pod Soil on the ground from them being bonemealing up. The ruins that you have created lack much needed detail and are to spread out to be desired that doesnt create the same ruined feel of tight corners and tight areas to fight in.

Take the original for example, In the original you can see first off custom trees, also not as busy coordinated block pattern on the ground and just feels more like ruins in my opinion with it being alot closer together and more of the ruin structures , and the detail on the ruins look way more thought out and detailed
    2019-09-09_15.59.45.png . Now that ruins map is currently re-purposed in Infections right now. The block pattern you used on the floor is similar to the one on infection however this one looks more coherent, and together and again new custom trees and nature that yours lacks. 2019-09-09_16.02.56.png

Final Take, Your build is an alright build but it definitely doesn't meet the quality of some of the other kitpvp maps or any other maps built, and that's why its a -1 for me

Ps: dont mean to totally trash on your build and sound all mean, but criticism is how people get better at building, because you do have talent for building just needs a little more shaping

• Useful Useful x 1