Bending SeismicSense

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Timtamtatious, Apr 6, 2019.

?

How should this ability be activated?

1. Passive

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Move

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Combo

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. None, this should not exist

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

What is your suggestion?
    I think the move SeismicSense when used while on the ground, all players around the user who are touching the ground gets a spectral effect for a few seconds. This would be a great passive ability where this effect will apply to anyone who attacks the user until the user is no longer combat logged. This could be a bit annoying, so a way to turn this passive off and on would be nice. I think this being a passive ability is the best way to implement this into bending, but this ability could either be activated through the move SeismicSense (left click), or a combo. Otiza said this ability should tell you what the other player/players are using, I do not really know how this will be displayed.
    [​IMG]

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    SeismicSense is what Toph used in the series to sense people through the ground. This would be a cool cannon ability, that would give earth an advantage in knowing where the enemy is, even behind walls. An example of this where this could work well is when earth is hiding behind a raiseearth wall and charging an earth smash. The enemy will have the spectral effect, so when the earth bender is launched up, it will know where the enemy is before firing the earth smash.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    It might not work very well against air, since air benders rarely touch the ground.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    It will be a cool cannon ability to the series, that I do not think could ever be op.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    When the player is touching the ground all other players who touch the ground have spectral effect. This could either be done through it being a passive, clicking with the SeismiSense move, or it being a combo.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ivarr

Ivarr Active Member

SeismicSense hold shift = normal see through blocks thing
    SeismicSense left click = toggle seismic vision mode?
    +1 it’s canon and cool

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OitzaZ

OitzaZ Member

+1 to that, I think seismicsense should see PVP sides not just mining sides.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LeMinimalist

LeMinimalist Member

-1. in the show , toph was blind and could see the outlines of people through vibrations. players in this case aernt blind. if they do see the outline i propose to give them the outlines of players but give them blindness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

Not many earth benders had SeismicSense, I just used Toph as an example. Aang could use SeismicSense and Aang isn't blind. Also Toph's daughters can use SeismicSense. Also being blind the whole fight just to be able to see your enemy through walls does not seem worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ivarr

Ivarr Active Member

C57FEA2E-AE61-4FD1-91E6-EEB169B01533.gif

Aang using seismicsense when ozai tries to sneak attack him

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OitzaZ

OitzaZ Member

then all earthbenders would walk around blind which isn't fair. I already tried that request and it was stupid

8. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

wait you mean all earthbenders aren't already blind? lego and I need to have a chat

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. qraq

qraq Member

lol

10. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

What is this chat you request of

11. LeMinimalist

LeMinimalist Member

Not all earth benders could do the seismic sense. Aang toph and Bumi are the only ones who could do it in the entire show of avatar [i prob missed out a few who could] .

12. LeMinimalist

LeMinimalist Member

in that single instance of avatar if my memory does not fail me

13. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

Only Roku could lava bend, only that weird combustion man could use combustion and only three people could blood bend (this is according to only Avatar Last Airbender). I just wanted to say how it was cool that it is a canon move, no matter how rare it is, where we also have bending on the server which is very rare in the series. Also again.. past the series Toph's daughters could use Seismic Sense as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

I could do this but like is it necessary or actually give any advantage to have a outline it's not like in the show where u would actually be able to sense where people are

15. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

Earth can shoot earthkick and lava disc through raiseearth. When hiding behind a raiseearth, you can catapult and shoot an earthring or earthsmash already knowing where the enemy is. Also in general it gives a lot more awareness of the enemy even when they are not behind anything like when versing airbenders, they move so fast you lose sight of them, the clear spectral effect makes keeping track on them a lot easier. I think that it is important that you can turn this passive on and off, because I think it will become annoying when you do not want it active. Hopefully having cool new abilities like this will cause more people to play earth because it has always been the least popular element (well except for chi).

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

This ability is not really that ground breaking or awesome, so if it is quiet a pain to code then do not bother. Cause there are other awesome earth moves that need buffing or tweaking to be usable, which requires less effort than making a whole new move. LIKE HAVE I MENTIONED HOW COOL EARTHWAVE IS, A WEEK AGO SOMEONE SHOULD ME IT CAN BE DIRECTED AND IF U TAP SHIFT, IT EXPLODES!!! There are other awesome moves that are not really good enough to be usable, it is just sad to see these in the earth move list and just ignored, I will make sure to make suggestions about them in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. sorceressglinda

sorceressglinda Member

i think this combo/passive {whatever you decide on} would be really cool and useful for earthbenders because like timtamtatious said we would be able to do lavadisc and earthkick through raiseearth. Which overall would give us a better defense and offense knowing where our opponent is.

18. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

bump

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

20. Hiro3

Hiro3 New Member

I have a very similar move to this called TerraSense on the pk forum. You can check it if you are interested

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1