Bending Shop Update

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bussyfrappe, Jul 20, 2020.

?

Do you believe the items should be sold in /warp shop?

1. Yes to all of these

40.0%
  2. No to all of these

60.0%
  3. Yes to some, but not all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bussyfrappe

bussyfrappe New Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that /warp shop should sell some of the new 1.14/1.15 items that are difficult to acquire through regular gameplay. I was thinking wither roses (which are found when the wither kills another mobs), sweetberries (as of now i believe you can only get them through villager trading), and bee nests/hives (can only be found by growing non custom trees [which i believe is a glitch.])

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    Wither Roses: If people were to go the regular route of getting them it may cause more lag as more withers would be summoned, and the items are used in mob farms/getting black dye so a fair amount survival bending players would find a use for these.

Sweetberries: Another food source, and if foxes are ever added into /kit mobeggs or spawned in the wild they can be used to breed them to get a passive baby fox.

Bee nests/hives: Recently bees were added into /kit mobeggs, but they have no where to go after you spawn them. Right now they just kinda bop around wherever with nowhere to deposit pollen. Also, players would be able to aquire honey and honeycomb which are both pretty useful crafting materials in my opinion.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is..
    Wither roses could maybe influence people to make more mob farms but I doubt it would be too much of an increase.

Sweetberries cause damage to players who walk on them, so people could plant them in spawn to annoy others but they could be prevented by blacklisting the placing of them in the PvP area similarly to saplings.

I'm not sure how bee nests/hives would negatively impact gameplay, if anyone has any ideas please add on to this post.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is..
    It would allow players to experiment with how bending interacts with the new items, and provide more gameplay for the survival bending players.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by.. (if this is a plugin suggestion, include a link to the plugin here)
    Adding the items to the respective "sections" of /warp shop.

2. Yojoo

Yojoo Member

We cant sell bee nests/hives or else PETA will be on us.
    Wither roses shouldn't be able to be bought in shop, so that /ah and player trade would be used more, and so that only the people who grind can get them. There are plenty of warps for wither skeletons, and you can buy soul sand from the shop.

3. Yojoo

Yojoo Member

Sweet berries whatever I couldn't care less

4. bussyfrappe

bussyfrappe New Member

Beacons are sold in warp shop and people still sell (and buy) them on ah.

5. Yojoo

Yojoo Member

I don't think beacons are...

6. tamba3

tamba3 Admin Staff Member

They were added but at a rather hefty price of 150k each
    http://prntscr.com/tlnnyb

I tried to get vanilla birch and oak in plains or flower forest biomes, but after planting like 250 trees and getting minimal vanilla trees and no bee hives, maybe a way around this could be to put /kit bees on bending (same kit survival servers got).
    You only need 1 kit to get the whole process started (kit has 1 hive and 2 bee eggs) to get honeycomb to make more hives. You can breed bees by giving them flowers.

Sweet berries could maybe be added as a rare drop when you break grass
    *Edit*
    Looks like someone found sweet berries and is selling them, so no need to add them :P

Wither farms to get wither roses are relative easy to make

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ThisIsOllie

ThisIsOllie Active Member