Skyblock Skyblock item pickup between islands

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by prasanna1, Dec 23, 2019.

1. prasanna1

prasanna1 Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that item pick up should be enabled in the space between islands

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because currently it can be quite troublesome to build near the edge of your island.When breaking a block near the edge, if the item happens to fly the wrong direction, or you accidentally drop something there is nothing you can do to pick it up since even if you chase after the falling item and manage to get to it, you aren't allowed to pick the item up.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    As far as I know, the bad thing about this suggestion is none

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is easier building near the edge of your islands. You don't just have to hopelessly look on when an item drops barely outside your island zone.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    I am not too familiar with the permission in the plugins but probably just have to change the default permission for unoccupied spaces

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Enope

Enope New Member

I agree. Many have also had issues with things like cutting down trees or giant mushrooms on their islands for instance. Things land just barely off their island, and they lose their hard work. Also if it's possible, XP pickup enabled there too. I've killed mobs near the edge of my island, and the XP does not come to me because I don't have permission to collect it. Lands just barely outside my island border.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zakksu

Zakksu Active Member

I agree, this way we dont get the world protection spam too lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. iguru08

iguru08 Member

I do not agree with this. One of my farms is my miner farm and it chucks all the items into a water collector. If someone not from my island was to stand in there they could collect all my stuff. I think it should be left in the settings for the owner to decide on. Nobody is forcing you to go to their shops. Which is what this post is actually all about since everyone has been complaining about dropping stuff in the ikea shop and not being able to pick it up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. prasanna1

prasanna1 Member

iguru I think you largely misunderstood my suggestion. I'm not suggestion item pickup on other people's islands. I'm takling about the empty space right outside your own island. This post is not about shops or ikea or anything like that. This is about building near the edge of your OWN island and items flying into the large unoccupied void that exists around your own island. Currently if you break blocks near the edge of your island space and the item that drops from that block just happens to fly outside your island zone or you accidentally drop something valuable right outside your island zone, you cannot grab it. Because of this, it can be quite frustrating to build near the edge of your own island. I hope this clarifies the misunderstanding.

6. iguru08

iguru08 Member

Yea i guess it doesn't really matter in the space between islands. But i mean in the end you cut down 10 trees and lose 20 logs.... turn around and collect the multiple stacks laying on the ground. Once you hit a certain level you are throwing inventories full of stuff into the void anyways.

7. Enope

Enope New Member

It's especially important for those with scarce resources. Even though this is a small thing, it would really help those who are more disadvantaged so that they do not lose things they don't have much of. It would be good to be able to pick up all of my things and not lose some of them to another island just because they landed a bit out there. I hope that we can make some progress with this and at the same time, help out those who have less. Best wishes, merry xmas

• Like Like x 1
  8. LordOfDemWaffles

LordOfDemWaffles New Member

+1

No negative side to this at all, I've had the same issue myself and could benefit from it if it were fixed. /is settings does not help with this whatsoever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. UMC

UMC Active Member

+1

Irrelevant for me personally but im doing this as i have many friends who this affects

• Like Like x 1
  10. LilacPanda13

LilacPanda13 New Member

Im not sure how the island boundary plugins work, but maybe it could be so your island boarder is set (by default) to 101x101, but you can only build the 100x100 (obviously this would be different for people who have bigger islands) so that we can pick up items that fall in between that boarder without actually getting a bigger island

11. Mista_Kool

Mista_Kool Well-Known Member

i doubt that this is an easy feat but it would have to be 102*102 too.

One other issue is what happens when two 400*400 islands are next to each other? Especially if the owner of the island next to you has pickup off, there would be no way to change that.

12. JGUK

JGUK Member

As I understand it, there is no issue with two 400x400 islands next to each other because there is a 400 block gap between the out side edges, island centres are now 800 blocks apart.

Is it just an easy fix to give people pickup perms on a 410x410 region centred on their island bedrock?

13. tamba3

tamba3 Admin Staff Member

Has anyone tried to use the Infused Magnet form /sf (under magical items)? You just need it anywhere in your inventory and if you want to pick up items in a bigger radius just shift to 'suck' the items up.

14. prasanna1

prasanna1 Member

Even between 2 fully expanded islands, there is a 400 wide empty space. Each half of that 400 shows up as a part of one of the islands when you check with "/is info" so none of that to worry about

15. JGUK

JGUK Member

Having a bigger pickup radius is not the issue, we are in range to pick up but permissions prevent it.

16. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

What exactly does it say

17. Zakksu

Zakksu Active Member

Something like "Worldguard: Item pickup disabled"

18. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

Can you send a screenshot of it

19. Zakksu

Zakksu Active Member

[​IMG]