So, I'm not sure the proper way to make this, but I had an idea for a new Spirits move

Discussion in 'Bending' started by Ixthian, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Ixthian

Ixthian Member

Maybe y'all could help me make it better? I don't think it's that overpowered, and is pretty decently balanced. This was the suggestion I made. Apparently it's supposed to go here first:

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that Spirits get a new move called "Bounce"

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because Spirits, while powerful, are drastically underused by the majority as a main, rather than augmentation. This can change this in favor of maining Spirits.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is nothing that I can think of at the moment other than that some people would call this overpowered. I don't think so.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is that it would allow for Light Spirits to be more defensive, rather than evading. This move is not just for Light Spirits though. It is for Spirits in the general sense.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by having the "Bounce" move selected would allow the player to redirect any entities or projectiles that are thrown at it. How this would work in code, I do not know, but I would assume it would be something like a smaller, invisible airshield. Except that instead of redirecting it around the player, it would bounce whichever way the Spirit is looking.

I don't have the link to the video, as I have looked everywhere and can't find it. But for those of you(I'd assume Phan has it, also because Netflix.) who are able to watch it, it is in The Legend of Korra at S2 E12 at around the 8:40 mark.

so there. That was the suggestion, and I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do here. :/

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. HqrderDaddy

HqrderDaddy Member

which one atla or korra

3. Ixthian

Ixthian Member

Oh yeah that's important lol. Korra

4. HqrderDaddy

HqrderDaddy Member

umm i can’t rly find it, isn’t it like airblast deflecting arrows but for other moves too

5. Ixthian

Ixthian Member

Ish, but it fires the projectile/entity back at the exact same speed. Its LoK s2 e12 around the 8 minutes and 40 seconds mark. It's between 8:40 and 8:50. I'll see if I can take a screenshot later.

6. HqrderDaddy

HqrderDaddy Member

so a full counter move

7. Ixthian

Ixthian Member

No., It wouldn't block Fire or Water. Only Earth entities such as shard, but blast could still hit it. Chi wouldn't be able to throw daggers, air could still hit it. Water, Fire, Air, Earth, AND Chi could all hit it, but it would toss away entities. For example, shockwave and earthsmash and earthblast would hit it, Fireburst, fireblast, firekick, firespin, basically all fire moves would. EarthShard and EarthLine would NOT hit it, air moves would hit it. it's very balanced.

8. xScheermes

xScheermes New Member

whah, this is a good idea :0 I want this move too :0

9. Pride

Pride Member

10. Ixthian

Ixthian Member

You don't get opinions because you're named after a deadly sin XD.