Other spicypandu Builder Application

Discussion in 'Builds' started by xPanda_exe, Aug 17, 2018.

1. xPanda_exe

xPanda_exe New Member

1. What is your in game name?
    spicypandu
    2. What is your time zone?
    EST
    3. Have you used Voxel Sniper/WorldEdit before? If so what do extent do you understand and know how to use these plugins?
    I have used both, although I don't use voxel sniper much (more so close to I don't use it at all). I've never really had too much of a reason to use it, although I do know it can be helpful in some situations (my terraforming, if I do terraform, I do by hand. I don't really know how to use Voxel Sniper that well either, I guess thats why I don't use it. I do use WorldEdit quite often and know quite a bit about it and understand quite a bit as well.
    4. How active of a player are you?
    Phanatic is one of the main servers I play on. I don't play on many servers, and I logon almost every day, and when I don't it's normally mostly cause I'm out of town or not able to get on my computer.
    5. How long have you played on PhanaticMC?
    I began playing on it when I first got my account (which was in 2014). I'm not sure of the exact amount of years but I'm pretty sure I've been playing there for almost 5 years.
    6. What is your specialty?
    I mainly like to do buildings and structures, but I can also do some terraforming.
    7. What themes do you know how to build?
    I know how to build a variety. I can do a bit of oriental and suburban type builds, but can adapt to other styles quickly, although I'm not sure what style you'd call some of the things I make.
    8. Why do you want to be a builder on PhanaticMC?
    I have wanted to be a builder for a while because I like to be a part of a team. I like to build with multiple people, although I can do it alone. I also have learned to build a variety of things in a variety of styles and I feel as though that is an important piece of being a builder.
    9. What makes you different from the other applicants?
    To be quite honest- I'm not sure... I'm on quite a bit so Im very active. I can also work alone or with a team. These are the only things I can think of right now... sorry if its not enough ._.
    10. Why should we consider you as a builder for the team?
    I'm very active on the server and I would love to work on the team. I can adapt to many things and I learn quickly, so if there is something I need to learn I should be able to pick up on it. I also have been on the server for a while so I've gotten to know some of the community (somewhat).

A lot of my old builds got deleted and I have a tendency to delete builds, but the ones I have right now are in this link:
    (I know it says LemonMib is the plot owner on them but it is a plot that we have merged)
    https://imgur.com/a/wT4srch
    ^ SMALL DISCLAIMER: this was a group project, but I have moved the builds that I did to a different plot aside from the completed project. The interior was a group effort, but I did the exterior. These builds can be found at /ps visit spicypandu 1

Sorry for the long application ._.
    Thanks you for reading it :P ~Panda

P.S I am in the process of building a few other things that are on my plots, so feel free to roam around if you'd like :D

P.S.S i forgot to say when i first made this- but if you end up at the plot with the full project, my 8th plot, there's a secret behind one of the paintings in the room with the staircase .3.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  2. Talon_Dayve

Talon_Dayve Member

3. xPanda_exe

xPanda_exe New Member

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  4. Talon_Dayve

Talon_Dayve Member

did you build most of the second build?

5. Wolvarine

Wolvarine Well-Known Member

yes, she did-- i made sure to try to back off as much as possible to let her work. The only place where I'd say I did most of the work was in the inside, but she helped a lot with the layout and worldeditting.

it's a +1 from me; you're a very skilled builder and i think you'd be a very nice edition to the team. The only thing i'd recommend focusing on is just being confident in what you build-- I remember you would try to get me to make sure everything was okay. if it's okay, then you should know and be proud of it, even if other people aren't. even then, they'll likely give constructive criticism instead of being blatantly rude about it.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  6. Shiftywig

Shiftywig Member

These builds are great, I would love to see you on the build team some day. +1

7. Meddi

Meddi Member

Your builds are good!

From what I've seen from you, it seems that you are very dedicated and talented as a builder. The builds in your portfolio definitely show a strong grasp of structure and detail.

However, I'd like to point out some things that may or may not help you as a builder.
    • The first issue isn't related to your actual builds or building skills at all. You mentioned that you have a "tendency to delete builds". I want to stress how important it is that you are proud of the things you build, like Wolv mentioned earlier. Building is a form of art, and you should embrace every piece of art you make, regardless of how it looks. Don't delete builds if you don't like them! If you'd rather abandon a build than continue with it, just leave it. Don't completely erase it. Move it somewhere else if you need to. You can use abandoned builds later on as inspiration or motivation to make new builds. You might eventually come back to it and decide to finish it, who knows?
    • Next, you should try your hand at some larger terrain. Since it's apparent that you know how to terraform, the hard part's out of the way. Experiment with VoxelSniper and more advanced WorldEdit commands, if need be. The point is, terrain will contribute to making literally any build better. It's one thing to build a castle on flat ground, but it's another thing to build your castle surrounded by snow-capped mountains. Terrain is an integral part to any completed build, and you should always try to incorporate it, regardless of how good or bad it looks. One way to challenge yourself with terrain right now is to make some terrain for your castle plot! You have quite a bit of room on there, so you have space to create some environment for the castle. That would be really cool to see if you update your application again.
    Overall, you seem like a very mature individual and you definitely show skill as a builder. Take into account the things I mentioned in this post and perhaps update your app again in the future! Nonetheless, you deserve a +1. Looking forward to seeing what else you create, good luck!

8. Wolvarine

Wolvarine Well-Known Member

9. raden3

raden3 Member

Congratulations! Upon inspecting your builds and seeing what the other builders had to say, I have decided to accept you into the build team.

You have plenty of room to grow and I believe you have the potential to became a great asset to the team. (ask @Meddi to teach you- i mean what?) Kidding aside, I hope you feel right at home in the build team. Welcome!