Spirit Bending

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Flaming_Phantom, Aug 5, 2018.

?

Would spirit bending be nice to have in phanatic?

1. DEFINITELY

46.2%
  2. naw :3

53.8%
  1. Flaming_Phantom

Flaming_Phantom New Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that we have spirit bending. Spirit bending isn't like SpiritBeam or anything, but more of passive/aggressive powers. in Spirit bending, there are two different entity's of spirit, Darkspirit and Light spirit.Light spirit has more of defensive and healing powers as the Dark spirit has more aggressive powers. the main spirit powers that go for all spirits, no matter light or dark, are vanish, possess, and agility. holding shift with agility grant you flight for a few brief moments, whilst left clicking with it gives you a dash ( a leap forward). Vanish is like an enderman, you hold shift to become invisible and if you look somewhere and release you then teleport in that direction. possess allows the user to leap into another users body, allowing for the user possessing to cause damage as no-one can move. there is a combo in spirit called Phase, left click vanish (2x), possess tab shift, vanish left click, allowing the user to potentially be in spectator mode(still in survival though) and move around for some seconds before becoming solid again. DarkSpirit powers are ; Intoxicate, Strike, and Shackle. Shackle is a lot like earth grab in a way. It shoots ender particles in the direction you click it at, freezing the person it hits in place. now they can still bend to an extent but the shackle user can do whatever they like. strike is like an arrow in a way, it shoots a short range basic attack and on contact to a player, it tp's them to the user it hit whilst dealing damage. Intoxicate is when you hold shift at a player and it makes a ring on them going up and down twice before giving them wither affect while taking 2 hearts from the person using intoxicate. a combo with intoxicate is infest, when you hold shift right click the ground and release and shift again miking a ring of damage around the user and anyone in the ring takes dmg. Light spirit has 3 opposite moves, such as : Orb, Shelter, and Alleviate. Orb makes an orb and any enemy that walks in its radius gets damaged. Shelter is basically air shield accept it flings people and you can shoot the shield at someone allowing them to be shielded. Alleviate is the same as intoxication except it heals and any darkspirit that walks into it gets damaged and its combo is the same as infest a except its called rejuvenation .

Why Do We need this?
    Because of the overpowered Spirit Beams for avatar users I thought it would be nice to have our own spirit type of thing for the people who can't pay or are new to the server and they get a tiny taste of what spirits can do, it can also be motivation to buy the avatar rank for its spirit powers.

Negative Affects?

At the moment I cant think of any sorry :3

Positive affects?
    Positive affects would be more people do to a new add-on that not many servers have and since its ish new (I THINK DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT!!) it would be nice to have new elements to see in the world after everyone is used to the original elements and it would be nice to add something new.

How can we add this to the server?
    This can be done by this Link ( http://projectkorra.com/forum/resources/spirits.323/ ) WARNING!!:: idk exactly the requirements so you may have to check them out! thank you for your time and goodbye :--:

2. Emperor

Emperor Member

first, you dont have to state every single ability in Numin's spirit pack
    second, for the negative effects:
    • with everyone having the ability to become a spirit and with the possess ability. i can literally picture a gang of spirits attacking a player using the possess ability and dealing absurd damage (keep in mind possess does 4 hearts of damage and renders the target immobile; you only need 2 other players with you to kill someone)
    • avatars would be able to add 3 more "elements" containing very powerful moves that they can add to their already myriad selection of abilities
    • this is even more powerful than SpiritBeam. you contradicted your own statement
    i could list a few more but that's just a handful of reasons why this would be a bad idea
    somehow find a way to make it more balanced or this would end up terrible

3. Flaming_Phantom

Well see you can only posses 1 person no one can posses the same person and i don't believe it does 4 each hit so :P it isn't just one move its multiple.. and an avatar would get 9 more moves. but i would recommend not allowing the avatars to use it do to their absurd amount of spirit moves already but for the newbies to use it instead.
    THANK YOU for the input tho its greatly appreciated!!

4. AntonGame

AntonGame Member

-1 wtf is this meant to achieve. Possession Abilities?! What are you smoking?! That’s a terrible concept.

If you want stuff like that just buy Element Master or Avatar

5. Flaming_Phantom

OH quiver before almighty know-it-all. So the. Concept is supposed to PROMOTE avatar and element master and give the bewbies a new type of element so dont come at me bashing my thread if you dont like it then go make your own or just leave me. Im lookobg for reasons it shouldnt be added, not people who just start hatin

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Flaming_Phantom

Ye dude its 6 in the morning and i just woke up gimme some slack mate

7. AntonGame

AntonGame Member

Ok.
    a) This really only shows that you can’t tolerate criticism
    b) Your sarcasm is butthurt
    c) You say that this will allow newer players/poor people (seriously Avatar is only $10) to get a small taste of what spirits can do. This is BS because this has more Spirit moves than Avatar does!
    d) If you are looking for reasons it shouldn’t be added, here)
    1) Getting this for free subtracts value from Avatar and Element Master
    1i) This therefore makes them less worthwhile to purchase - so the money that would go to supporting the server just doesn’t go to helping the server
    2) This is too OP. Every element has some downsides. This can be used anywhere by anyone - like fire Bending (which I think is slightly too OP) - Air and water are not great on land, Earth isn’t great in the air, fire isn’t great in water (but they can just swim up -_-)
    3) The whole concept of having Light and Dark spirits is just strange. Each element has moves that relate to the elements main title (eg AirJump). Having subcategories for moves is kinda pointless, this element should be mainly attack of mainly defensive-not too much of the two, or it gets too OP

Happy now? -Anton
    P.S Try and scold me now xD

8. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

-1 strike and warrior stance is auto death not to mention these teleport moves are way to op if people mix avatar with these moves your just going to have a bunch of cheap waltmans with armor and even more cheap combos running around.

9. AntonGame

AntonGame Member

What do you mean? I can tolerate criticism: but where it steps over the line to verbal abuse I will not tolerate

10. TonTon

TonTon Well-Known Member

This is off-topic to the suggestion. Debates/Arguments not related to this thread should be taken elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Emperor

Emperor Member

no. you can literally swarm a person with possess
    and not even that, when youre unpossessed, another spirit comes out of nowhere and bops in and out. i see that being ridiculously annoying

also no problem

lol what. people buy avatar or element master because either 1. they want to be able to use more than 1 element at a time or 2. they want to use more abilities. having spirits will not worsen any of those 2 factors

how is the concept strange? the moves are literally based off of the tv show. just because the names of the moves dont sound "spirit like" doesnt make it unrelated to what it is. the subelements Light and Dark are completely different in both style and usage
    choose to be Light, and you can defend yourself, heal and use attacks that arent meant to be used to fight
    choose to be Dark, and you have a selection of offensive moves for you and etc.

as for your suggestion, Flaming;
    i have a few recommendations for it so it would be a little more balanced
    • have Spirit usage restricted to be only used as its own element. meaning avatars cannot add any Spirit element or use any spirit ability
    • lower damage configurations, increase some cooldowns, etc.
    im sure you can think of more yourself, but i doubt Spirits would be present on this server anytime soon

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  12. AntonGame

AntonGame Member

"lol what. people buy avatar or element master because either 1. they want to be able to use more than 1 element at a time or 2. they want to use more abilities. having spirits will not worsen any of those 2 factors

how is the concept strange? the moves are literally based off of the tv show. just because the names of the moves dont sound "spirit like" doesnt make it unrelated to what it is. the subelements Light and Dark are completely different in both style and usage
    choose to be Light, and you can defend yourself, heal and use attacks that arent meant to be used to fight
    choose to be Dark, and you have a selection of offensive moves for you and etc."

Yo I am not complaining about the source material for the moves, I am just annoyed that you don't understand that this contains more Spirit Bending than Avatar or Element Master - which you did state that you want "newbies and poor players" to get a taste of this. A taste is a small portion not several times more than the actual stuff. This detracts value from Avatar as Avatar is meant to allow you to access these Spirit Abilities - not make players not want Avatar (which you seem to think I mean.), coz they will still want it - it's just that part of it will be less valuable as players can access moves far more expansive and presumably some more powerful than Link and ElementSphere.

This is why I think that this is not a good idea. Not as the idea is terrible (although it isn't great to add to the game, just coz it works in the show doesn't mean it should be added to the game), but because of the effect it will have on a great and cheap thing to buy. If you want these style of abilities, just buy Avatar - you'll get what you want and the server will get your mone--- I mean you will help the server by effectively donating.

Don't be selfish and want part of Avatar for free, just buy it. Seriously it's so cheap. I can understand someone not being able to buy God rank coz that's $200, but a $10 rank?! There is no way that that could be too expensive for someone who can afford to have the right stuff to play Minecraft.

This is a bad idea -1000000. I am not continuing this argument. Anyway see ya! -Anton

13. Emperor

Emperor Member

theres a reply button btw

didnt Flaming make it clear that he would want any player to be able to use Spirits? regardless if theyre avatar or not
    if what youre saying is that players that buy avatar would be able to use Spirits (which is what im reading right now), then that would make people want to buy Avatar more, no?

as for this, i have no idea what youre talking about. Spirits have their own element. Spirits have nothing to do with Avatars in this regard. why are you bringing that up? lmao

anyways, you have your own opinion. i have mine

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

Wut

15. AntonGame

AntonGame Member

Well I need to explain... clearly. SO it is said in the thread that this is the same Spirit element included with the Avatar rank. Therefore if you make that element free for everyone to use then Avatar would decrease in value as everyone would be able to use part of the rank. You clearly don't get my reasoning so I am gonna ignore any future replies. BYE

16. Emperor

Emperor Member

the moves are more powerful than SpiritBeam if you use all combined abilities. understand?

...lmao
    also nice. you used clearly twice

trying to comprehend here: no. no i really dont think the value of Avatar would change regardless if Spirits was added or not
    what i think youre telling me is that: because Spirits is added to the Avatar rank there will be less value for Avatar because / or if everyone has Spirits
    (no but Flaming's suggestion was aimed for new players. not for Avatars)

honestly, thats like telling me that because everyone can bend, Avatar would be less valuable
    everyone can bend 4 elements

DIFFERENCE: Avatars can bend them all at once

im done here lmao

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  17. Flaming_Phantom

thank you emperor there are some good things to this in a degree. People are getting avatars mixed up alot. i mean avatars can CONNECT to the spirit world, yes, but bend spirit energy, they cannot. It's the fact that you have to pay attention and research some things before you put your hand on the keyboard and start typing. THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS SEEN AND BROUGHT THEIR OWN OPINION TO THE THREAD/POST IT"S VERY APPRECIATED!!

18. CVDJ

CVDJ New Member

the sarcasm in this thread is too funny

19. Besett

Besett Active Member

+1 GREAT idea

20. Poke

Poke Member

Actually incredibly rude. There are factors such as parents not wanting to 'spoil' their child giving whatever they desire. Or that they do not feel the need to actually have those 2 perks.

SpiritBending should be a free Element of choice. Both Light and Dark Spirits contain 6 moves. It's fairly balanced. Why give people more reason to get Avatar/Element Master? It's just another Element by itself.
    However, if such a suggestion is added to an unbalanced config, it's only right that Avatars will be not able to add both Spirit Elements as a Sub. Moreover, they are 2 new Elements that only can be played by itself and no add-ons (No /b add Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Chi)

Would want such an element added in if ^ is applied.

+1

• Agree Agree x 1