tamba3

Discussion in 'Builder Applications' started by tamba3, Sep 9, 2019.

1. tamba3

tamba3 Admin Staff Member

What is your in-game name?
    tamba3

What is your Discord? (Builders will communicate/type chat via Discord)
    Tamba#7173

What is your timezone?
    Western Australian - AWST (GMT + 8)

Have you used Voxel Sniper/WorldEdit before? If so to what extent do you understand and know how to use these plugins?
    Yes I have worked with both and am quite confident using them

How active of a player are you and how long have you played on PhanaticMC?
    I am ingame just about every day for (way too many) hours. First log-in was end of 2012 when there was just Skyblock and minigames and something else. I started playing full time, every day, September 1 2014

What is your speciality? (Organics, Terraforming, Structures, etc)
    My forte is terraforming, and symmetrical patterns that are part of a build but I am pretty adaptable

What themes do you know how to build? (Oriental, Medieval, Steampunk, Gothic, etc)
    I do mainly natural landscaping but I also do some exotic/fantasy and adventure terrain
    I love to add areas that can be explored including hidden caves, unexpected areas and 'eastereggs'

Why do you want to be a builder on PhanaticMC?
    I am already helping with projects, making maps (like the current factions warzone), helping to get new maps blended into the terrain, making spawns and general maintenance of maps if needed

What makes you stand out as a builder?
    Building comes natural for me and I can really get lost and drawn into a project. I am able to work autonomously or in a team and can adapt or follow other builders in their style when they need an extra hand to do a project.
    I can work with the community and take their suggestions for new ideas
    https://phanaticmc.com/threads/new-factions-warzone-map.37766/
    My rl circumstances also give me lots of free time to spend on the server and on projects

Pictures/Videos/Anything else to show off your builds: (if they are on PhanaticMC which is highly recommended say how we can locate it in game)
    Acreative:
    /warp spy
    /warp spy1 - grid spawn
    /warp spy2 - current factions spawn
    /warp spy3 - just a quick river addition for bending nohunger zone
    /warp sss - centre island was made by Jalstz and others, outer islands/shops I made
    /warp bsfinal - was a group project, I helped with landscaping the nohunger area and finalising the map

Creative:
    /plot v tamba3 - an old skyblock re-build of mine and other odds and ends

Skygrid:
    /skygridlegacy - /warp dragon /warp tamba3 /warp 4698egill /warp ice all part of the same base scififrk and I done most of the work there
    Skygridlegacy Album
    /skygrid - /warp dragon /warp ice /warp slender /warp jump all part of the same base lots of places to explore, scififrk is my base partner and we usually build together
    Skygrid Album

Factions:
    Factions portfolio

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

accepted

3. tamba3

tamba3 Admin Staff Member

I would like @eiliagh to be added as a team member

4. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

5. eiliagh

eiliagh Medieval Admin Staff Member

What is your in-game name? eiliagh

What is your Discord? (Builders will communicate/type chat via Discord) eiliagh#7467

What is your timezone? US Central

Have you used Voxel Sniper/WorldEdit before? If so to what extent do you understand and know how to use these plugins? yes, i have used them before. i am confident in using them both and have used them for many builds.

How active of a player are you and how long have you played on PhanaticMC? i have been on between 3-4 days during the week, lately, for several hours at a time, and sometimes more often. i've been on PhanaticMC since september 2014.

What is your specialty? (Organics, Terraforming, Structures, etc) i do well at terraforming, but can also do structures and design elements. i like doing finishing details as well.

What themes do you know how to build? (Oriental, Medieval, Steampunk, Gothic, etc) i can build medieval, oriental, and some postmodern, but i can adapt to other styles as needed.

Why do you want to be a builder on PhanaticMC? i like helping build things for the server. making maps, and have already helped on several server builds, including previous halloween hubs and some winter/christmas hubs, and helping blend and reskin factions spawn and elements. i would like to continue this.

What makes you stand out as a builder? i can work well alone or as a team member. i enjoy building and can put forth effort and ideas as needed and wanted.

Pictures/Videos/Anything else to show off your builds: (if they are on PhanaticMC which is highly recommended say how we can locate it in game)
    /skyblocklegacy
    -- my island is all hand-done terrain, before i had access to gmc, worldedit or voxelsniper.
    -- /warp eiliagh is the shop i built at /warp blackmarket
    -- /warp runcilicious the red shop to the north of the spawn point is my build.

/acreative
    -- on my plot at /home center, i have kyoshi island which i started as a base for bending spawn. i built the island entirely by myself and it is pretty much finished, except for bodies of water. the elemental buildings are still in-progress of conversion. some of them are copied from other builds to use as a place-holder/inspiration. the air temple building is currently done. the smaller wood buildings that represent the village on kyoshi island were part of the team build and were built by another builder, i think raden3.
    -- /plot v eiliagh shows a small lake with a small mountain terrain feature and a mountain just south of that. to the right (west) of it i was working on a ghostship reskin of the ship to have in one of the halloween reskins.
    -- i helped build and/or reskin and decorate several of the server hubs, several on tamba's plot, possibly iisuperrii's plot, too (but i'm not sure if they're there now)

/creative
    several of the schematics i had saved before the creative reset were lost when the data server crashed. i also lost all the builds i had on my normal/regular plots and all but one of my donor plots.

on the donor plot that i didn't lose:
    -- /home eiliagh is my part of my first attempt at bending spawn from a couple years ago, with 1.8 blocks. i'd like to update the blocks to work with 1.13 eventually.
    -- /warp b_arena is a bending arena, meant to be used in the main bending game, with a high barrier ceiling to allow for plenty of height that some of the bending moves can use. it has water, land, lava and sand. mostly flat to accommodate better pvp. it can be used as is, or with trees/plants added.

factions:
    i have helped blend and reskin several of the last few factions spawns, but only as part of a team effort.

other builds
    i have screen shots of some other builds, if you would like to see them. but it will take me some time to put them together.