Unfairness with airbending

Discussion in 'Bending' started by Coldcall, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Coldcall

Coldcall New Member

Coldcall here, thought I'd inform those reading this about a notable unfair advantage that airbenders have while fighting other players.

Airblast is a common move in your typical airbender's arsenal, as it is mostly used to blast yourself across large areas in a short amount of time in order to evade movement or travel to objectives. However, I strongly believe that airblast's cooldown isn't long enough, because the strict majority of airbenders that I fight, utilize airblast for dodging very quickly. Too quickly.

I strongly believe that airblast should have a cooldown because, since it is very easy to airblast in different directions with good accuracy, it makes an unskilled or somewhat-skilled airbender have the ability to take down me, a skilled firebender. One would might tell me, "Oh. Use your long range moves, such as fireshots, fireball, combustion, etc." A, fireshots and fireball may have excellent range, but their speed can be laughed at when compared to an airblaster. B, even though combustion lasts quite long without direct contact, it is only a loss for me, since if I take any damage, then it will blow up on me.

I know that I might receive a reasonable amount of hate for this request, but that is only because people wanting to keep airblast the way it is know that they will be more evenly matched with skilled opponents. You could still airblast, but you would have to use it more wisely due to the cooldown change, which sounds quite fair to me. If a cooldown won't be accepted, then please let fireshield (and maybe airshield) be able to block airpunch and airblade. I don't say airslash because that would be taking it too far, even though the range of it is, in my opinion, absurd.

2. Jalstz

Jalstz New Member

Someone needed to address, good luck. +1

-Jalstz ^-^

3. Emperor

Emperor Member

if this was a request to nerf airblast, then this belongs in the suggestions forum with a format

if not, then yes, airblast's cooldown could use a little bump. but to compensate, maybe lower airscooter's cooldown a little

• Like Like x 1
  4. F3NRYR

F3NRYR New Member

If an "unskilled" airbender could take you out, you're not that skilled at all.

Air always had its mobility, fire has DPS (damage per second) and if timed correctly good mobility too, water has mobility in water, and earth has earth surf.

Mobility shouldn't be an issue for a skilled bender.

Water can't run fast on land, but a skilled bender can use grass for surgewave or waterarm grabbing for transportation. A firebender has firejet combos, and if timed right, they can use JetBlast then JetBlaze and maybe use firejet after that.

5. Cybs

Cybs New Member

Ok so on different servers (not mentioning any) airblast has a minor cooldown but it is still very similar to the airblast on bending. I have seen people beat airbenders with fire it is quite simple if you know how airbenders fight. It seems to me that you cannot deal with it so you came to the forums (dont hate me for that). The only way to actually beat them is to get better and to practice e.e. plus a nerf to airblast would cause loads of controversy and you will get loads of hate for it . I would not suggest using combustion against an airbender unless you know that they are far away and then you can take your chance but other wise just use your fireshots and fireball possibly discharge or fireblast to fend them off and also dodge their attacks. That is all for me I dont want ot give a 1+ or a 1- so imma give it 0 e.e

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1