Weird behaviors since last reset...

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by blackkat6, Jan 3, 2018.

1. blackkat6

blackkat6 New Member

I've noticed some odd things with my island, and was wondering if anyone could shed some light. Nothing in the plugins I've seen enabled explains either:

1) Mushrooms instantly disappear in a sealed room with light level 7. Typically, mushrooms only despawn at light level 12 or higher. Now I'm out of mushrooms with no idea how to actually make them grow.

2) Some people seem to get ore spawns in their cobble generators frequently. I've gotten one spawn (lapis) in about a dub mined. Any way to increase that chance?

3) Cow despawned randomly- didn't fall off, there were no mobs around it, its beef was left on the ground.

Any advice here?

2. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

#1 probably not dark enough anyways even if u think so
    #2 someone said they re-made their generator to get normal ore chances
    #3 prob suffocated maybe in cobble gen?

3. blackkat6

blackkat6 New Member

Hmmm,

For 1, the developer view says the light level was 7 (spruce planks in a 8x8x8 cube, with four single-block apertures along the top with a torch in each, mushroom on dirt in the middle of the floor).

For 2, I'll give that a try, thanks!

For 3, the cow was all the way up near the bedrock block, but my cobble gen (and everything else) are down at height 4 (I've got god rank, so I just used my free cobble). Oh! I just thought it might have suffocated in a tree growing though, that could definitely do it. The mushrooms are confusing though.

4. tamba3

tamba3 Admin Staff Member

If you had a red AND brown mushroom in your inventory and trying to place it on a dirt block in a dark spot it will activate the mcmmo ability
    'SHROOM THUMB' and trying to turn the dirt into mycelium but you would get this msg if the process fails:
    upload_2018-1-3_18-43-44.png

and it will consume the mushrooms

5. GrimmGhosts

GrimmGhosts Well-Known Member

And if ur cow died someone could’ve visited ur island and killed it, u could make a /report at staff and figure out its cause of death.

6. blackkat6

blackkat6 New Member

Ah, tamba, I did have both in my inventory! That explains it. Thanks very much!

7. blackkat6

blackkat6 New Member

Hmmm... Sadly, the bug with the ores is still ongoing, but intermittent (yaaayyyy).

I built a fuller-featured generator- five pistons pushing down with an observer at the back, relatively standard design. Worked like a dream. A couple days ago, it stopped generating ore. I've rebuilt it several times, in different spots, but with no luck. A dirt-simple design does work, but is much slower and less efficient. Got any advice?

Found a couple more bugs, fwiw:

A hopper hooked up to a lvl 4 furnace will pass items to it... but the items don't appear in the furnace. Lost a bunch of cobble that way.

Leveling up furnaces doesn't seem to have any effect after the first one (got a few like this).

Having a furnace pass into a hopper seems to disable the multiple resource chance.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  8. Mista_Kool

Mista_Kool Well-Known Member

according to some staff member (can’t remember which) they think that the bottom is good bc double item + fast smelting on a hopper furnace is too op. I’ve found that using redstone helps to fix it but it requires me to do stuff to combat this... manual with double drops or hoppers without seems to be what some staff want

9. tamba3

tamba3 Admin Staff Member

WOT ??? o.0

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. blackkat6

blackkat6 New Member

I mean, I could see that... extra 70% chance is already pretty OP. ^_^

11. GeorgeHenryGH

GeorgeHenryGH Member

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm for 3 could someone have done /lightning????