Why is cross teaming allowed??

Discussion in 'Minigames' started by cdms325, Oct 20, 2018.

1. cdms325

cdms325 Member

Every time I log into the server to PvP in sky wars or some shit about 50% or more of my team is always cross teaming and when I try to pvp literally everyone in the server trash talks me for trying to kill people and when I'm being attacked my team just stares at me and doesn't help at all this is literal garbage. A few years ago the server wasn't like this it's really depressing..

upload_2018-10-20_21-38-24.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. LifeIsAFK

LifeIsAFK New Member

This usually happens. You can report them, but I doubt the crossteamers will be banned.

3. cdms325

cdms325 Member

The last admin I talked to said it was allowed and did absolutely nothing

4. peanutsays

peanutsays Well-Known Member

5. cdms325

cdms325 Member

literally 4 people on my team at different times were intentionally trying to bring me down. Nekoof kept supplying spawn killers with health potions and others kept building walls and standing infront of my arrows. Staff really needs to moderate this shit..

6. peanutsays

peanutsays Well-Known Member

Then maybe you should've actually sent a report? or get the evidence needed at least?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. cdms325

cdms325 Member

I didn't bother recording it because I figured staff wouldn't do it but I'll keep OBS open for next time it happens.

8. Dalfino

Dalfino New Member

Cross teaming is allowed, while disabling your team through grief or teamkilling is not allowed. Minigames is a pretty chill area, despite it being a pvp zone. If you're looking for areas to pvp, try kitpvp?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. GrimmGhosts

GrimmGhosts Well-Known Member

People who cross-team have no affect on the game, it is team trolling that does. Why punish players for doing no harm to the game?

10. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Active Member

I think you have cross teaming and team trolling mixed up, Cross teaming does no harm since you can't directly do damage to your team, but Team Trolling by griefing or preventing your own team to win by cross teaming is bannable. Next time get proof of what happened and report it. That does more good than saying someone is cross teaming with no evidence.

11. oOChrisOo

oOChrisOo New Member

It's not, The player who teamed will be probably banned soon. Damn what a rude guy, lol.

12. GrimmGhosts

Cross-teaming isn’t bannable.

13. TurtlesAreHot

TurtlesAreHot Moderator Staff Member

We shouldn't use the term saying "Cross-teaming". This is because it can be inferred in different ways. Telling someone cross-teaming is allowed isn't a good way to tell them they don't have to kill people. This is because Cross-teaming can be shown as you helping the other team. You are NOT suppose to help the other team. However, not killing the other team isn't going to get you punished.

Helping the other team can include but is not limited to:
    • Breaking your teams bridge (which is also team griefing and team trolling)
    • Giving healing potions or giving speed potions to people on the other team intentionally
    • Blocking your teammates from mining wood, shooting a bow, etc. (which is also team trolling)
    • Breaking all of your teams spawn so they have no blocks to bridge with. (which is also team trolling and team griefing
    • And more.
    The basic concept is you shouldn't be helping the other team. If you find that someone is helping the other team make a /report and record for evidence (suggest video). If the player leaves I suggest you report them on the forums here following this format.

Also you may report people for team griefing and team trolling also. However, for all of these I would advise you first telling them it is against the rules. If you warn them about it and they continue you should get evidence and report them.

Instead of saying Cross-teaming is allowed we should be saying it in another way. I suggest we say something on the lines of: "You don't have to kill the other team, however do not help them." Cross-teaming can be portrayed in many different ways which doesn't make it clear what is against the rules, and what is not.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. altaleb

altaleb Well-Known Member

Lol deal with it

15. GrimmGhosts

Helping the other team is team trolling which is already not allowed

16. TurtlesAreHot

TurtlesAreHot Moderator Staff Member

However, sometimes people just say Cross-Teaming is allowed. They don't specify that team trolling/team griefing is not allowed (aka putting your team at a disadvantage and helping the other team). That is why we should be saying it differently. Basically to make it more clear to people with what is punishable and what is not.

17. oOChrisOo

oOChrisOo New Member

ree /msg spamming is big bad D: :(, annoying

18. Code

Code Member

Well players can truce if they want its not team crossing but i guess what really happens is targeting on you which is not illegal too and communities change well sometimes you can expect it to be the same. you said it was few years ago(idk if it count as long time but k)

19. Bucktooth1337

Bucktooth1337 Member

One thing we have to establish is team trolling will always be a reoccurring problem if truces are allowed, the two go hand in hand, we can't deny that and don't understand why nobody has even mentioned this. its such a blatant problem with a relatively easy solution. If you want to tackle and (I say) completely eliminate team trolling, not allowing truces would be a leap in the right direction but the community and its influences are attached to this idea of truces so i doubt they'll get out their comfort zone to dissatisfy their loyal "community" (I say in inverted commas because minigames community has literally diminished) to disallow trucing. Tbh who even is attached to minigames on phanatic now? Thats why we should put wayyyy more emphasis on new players and satisfying their interest becuase they are the future of phanatic. You can probably tell my aims are to satisfy new players rather than those who are already reoccurring and can say objectively this would benefit skyflag longterm and would challenge anyone with a conflicting view. How can you even conflict lol what loyal playerbase are you backing anyway? This is why i say its OBJECTIVE so attempt to rebuke my points. just a piss take nobody has even thought of this before and wonder where the players are at. Sorry if im going on a mad one lol and i can go on and on about how this change is beneficial but the change will never come becuase minigames is just a niche now... I swear if Josh just acted apon my ca map suggestion from last year things could have played out so differently.... I guess now we know where reluctancy and delaying gets you :( (this aint personal josh)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  20. Lord_Of_Llamaz

Lord_Of_Llamaz Active Member

how do you find these random threads from a year ago