Minigames Why the preceding castle assault map should be reintroduced

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bucktooth1337, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Sirrawth

Sirrawth Well-Known Member

I meant perhaps detailing the old map, not the current one. I only really say it because I like to look around a pvp arena which most people probably don't.

2. Bucktooth1337

Bucktooth1337 Member

3. Bucktooth1337

Bucktooth1337 Member

Yeah i mentioned exactly that in my original piece. Should be near the bottom

4. Sirrawth

Sirrawth Well-Known Member

can't seem to find it, but I'll take your word for it :blush-small:

5. Bucktooth1337

Bucktooth1337 Member

6. Bucktooth1337

Bucktooth1337 Member

7. Bucktooth1337

Bucktooth1337 Member

8. Bucktooth1337

Bucktooth1337 Member

9. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

You made this thread in september, jeeze man. This level of passion for something should at least warrant SOME kind of staff response even as a simple denial or at least acknowledgement. Everyone here seems to agree with your well written and thought out suggestion, surely even a "no" would be better than just leaving your poor soul in limbo

10. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

and why not? maybe the answer is not yet? I will be able to work on minigames once prison, survival, skygrid, skyblock are reset, and new vote/key system is done after that

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bucktooth1337

Bucktooth1337 Member

There have been suggestion which have been suggested back in march 2018 and still they havn't got a fonal judgement . I mentioned at the end for phanaticD to take his time to formulate a response. I'll just carry on bumping it for it to stay relevant since things like this can be forgotten easily. I also want to get responses from players aswell, wanna see their perspective.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  12. stake4443

stake4443 New Member

Hey guys, stake4443 here, I was the OP of the original suggestion to revert the map back in the day. The main issue as I understand it is that Phanatic lost the original map file, and would need to rebuild the map from scratch.

Regardless, I believe that the old assault map was better in every way. My favourite aspect of the old map was the importance of building. Inventory was lost on death, so taking the time to build tools and collect wood/stone was very important. making Alternate bridges and sniper towers was of utmost importance for a team to win. Blue had the opportunity to create clever one-way doors that protected their snipers while allowing swordsmen to push freely. Red had better access to wood for tools and easy building blocks. Tunnels under the lava and flanking into blue's base were a large investment, but ultimately paid off. Tunnels could be flooded with the lava, blocked up by defenders, or camped by snipers in pits.

I firmly believe that minecraft PvP should have these aspects, as minecraft is a building game at its core. If you want a PvP smackfest, playing For Honor or similar games is a better experience. Minecraft is about building, and minecraft PvP is at its best when building is included. The TF2 capture the flag game is a prime example of this. The team with better engineers almost always won.

13. Bucktooth1337

Bucktooth1337 Member

Hey stake!
    Wow years later and you're still active thats amazing. Im not sure if you have played minigames lately but the original map was pasted a year or so next the current one which may suggest it was saved which is why i wanted it to be reintroduced since there was signs of its existence.

What you have said here is bang on couldn't have said it better. Old map was far more superior and I appreciate your support on this suggestion

14. Bucktooth1337

Bucktooth1337 Member

15. Bucktooth1337

Bucktooth1337 Member

16. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

+1 I have never personally played castle siege or attack or whatever it's called, but if this old map is as great as you make it out to be with your monstrous thread about it (in a good way) I'd love to try it out when/if this goes through